Pages

Monday, October 15, 2012

Lady Sybil is dead

I know that I've written yesterday that this blog would go on a temporary hiatus, but I decided to write a post since I couldn't accept what I just witnessed-or rather watched! Lady Sybil is dead! And yes, she's just a fictional character but dammit!



I began watching Downton Abbey last month after hearing about the fantastic reviews. I usually watch sitcoms like HIMYM and 30 Rock, though I watch dramas from time to time likewith SMASH and Once Upon A Time.

Anyway, I just finished watching the latest episode (season 3, episode 5) and I immediately logged in here to rant about what just happened! I knew that either Sybil or the baby would die the moment Sir Phillip and Dr. Clarkson were arguing about bringing Sybil to the hospital. But I still couldn't believe that Julian Fellowes really did decide to kill her!!!! It was unnecessary! Granted Jessica Brown Findlay had less airtime this season, but that wasn't enough to kill her off. Also, It was a horrible way to die. She could've died in her sleep. But where's the drama in that?

Anyway, it's done, and we all have to wait for next week's episode.

That's for now.

Oh, and before I forget, please check out my new blog at http://www.successilism.com

PS Still mourning for her death. :(

Ciao!



4 comments:

  1. While I too will miss the character, the plain fact is that a lot of women of all classes died precisely in the way Sybil did in the episode aired last night. I thought the script stuck to the historical facts fairly well, actually.

    Toxemia is still a killer, btw. My husband and I looked at each other when Sybil was recounting her aches, pains, etc ('...such a terrible headache and my ankles are so swollen...') and knew immediately Sybil was about to die from clampsia.

    Toxemia came so close to killing me when I went into labour with my daughter (1977). I too was told my symptoms were all part of being pregnant, that my urine and BP checks didn't show any signs of toxemia even though I was so swollen I could barely bend arm or leg.

    I can still remember going into convulsions, hearing the midwife cursing, and my husband thanking-God I was in hospital having the baby. I woke up seven days later and was told I was incredibly lucky to have survived eclampsia.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Fox's Mom.

      Sorry for the delay in reply. I'm glad that you survived, as well as your daughter. :)

      Delete
  2. Tsk, tsk...don't you know that in the USA we haven't started watching this yet? (We get things a bit later sometimes.) Now, I will have to act surprised when she dies! That's okay, I will watch it anyway! Hope you are doing well these days! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. KAY!!!

      I'M SO SORRY!!! WAAH! Now you made me feel bad. :( I didn't know that you were watching it, and besides even if you were, I presumed that you guys watch it before than we do. (though I watch it online the day after it aired in UK)

      Delete

I would love to hear from you, though spam won't be tolerated.