Pages

Monday, May 7, 2012

Karen vs. Ivy and a stomach flu


Hi!

With the latest episode of NBC's SMASH entitled "Preview" 14 hours away (from my country) the only way I could do to stop myself from pulling my hair out is to watch previous episodes of SMASH! Boy, I really love that show and I hate waiting a week just to watch the latest episode!!!



Anyway, the reason I'm writing this post is to "post" my opinion regarding the question about who is the better actress who should play Marilyn Monroe for the upcoming episode. I personally like Katharine McPhee better than Megan Hilty so the answer is pretty obvious. I mean, I agree with Derek (Jack Davenport) that the one who must play Marilyn should have her innocence and vulnerability. Ivy (Megan Hilty) may have Marilyn's body but she just looks so...hmm, how should I put this? She looks kinda brusque? (Not the right word I'm looking for but it's something along that line) Having read an article earlier regarding the upcoming episode, it was hinted that Ellis will have a hand on who's going to play Marilyn, and I won't be surprised if Ivy ends up playing the part. But honestly? Karen (Katharine McPhee) should have the part! Sure she looks a little weird when she does Marilyn in a speaking part (her lips are too pouty) but she looks better as Marilyn! (I have nothing against Megan Hilty, she's a great actress but I just got carried away with the story and all that stuff)

From left to right, Karen (McPhee) and Ivy (Hilty) as Marilyn.


But I also have this feeling that both Karen and Ivy might end up playing Marilyn in different scenes as Derek pointed out in episode 8, The Coup, that there are two kinds of Marilyn. The historical and the contemporary, so it makes sense if both Karen and Ivy play the part. But I guess we'll have to wait until the episode airs and perhaps I might voice out my opinion regarding the upcoming episode, or maybe not at all. I just wish that the show's ratings pick up for the last two episodes. That being said, I have to end this post as I'm about to watch the latest episode of AMC's The Killing, (and then CBS's HIMYM tomorrow. )

P.S. You might be wondering why the words "stomach flu" were written above...well, that has got nothing to do with SMASH. It's just me. I've finally experienced what's it like to have one (not that I'm looking forward to it) and it's not fun at all.

Ciao!

-Den

2 comments:

  1. I don't watch this show but I remember Katherine McPhee when she was on American Idol. She sang a song on there, "Black Horse And A Cherry Tree", and, this sounds odd, but she sang it while she was on the floor, kind of crawling around a bit. It was very effective and memorable and I remember thinking that she would be very good on TV. Turns out, I was right!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it's her! Though I wasn't able to see that performance you were referring to. (I'm not watching American Idol) but I did check out her Final song and the one where she sang 'Somewhere over the Rainbow" seated on the floor. (with the red shoes)

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you, though spam won't be tolerated.