Pages

Friday, June 22, 2012

AFAWFAY WEEK 03


Hello,

I've just noticed how new PC software/applications are opting on black user interface. I mean look at MS Office 2010 and Adobe CS6. (Not to mention that 3DS max turned black after their 2010 release.) I think that may have influenced me on using a black studio background for this week's design.

Anyway, ever since I uploaded last week's love seat, I had this nagging feeling of creating a hanging furniture, sort of like a swing. I know it's not an original concept but I thought that I could play with it and come up with something fun and modern at the same time. The result is a hanging outdoor seat with steel support planted on the ground.




Materials to be used:

  • ·         Metal
  • ·         Bamboo
  • ·         Cushion


This furniture piece will be much better produced in pairs. I can imagine them being placed on a resort like ambiance, or a modern office lounge with Wall Street people talking about Dow Jones and whatever Wall Street people are supposed to be talking about.
Ciao!

-Den

P.S. Next week is International  World Industrial Design Day! Whoop dee doo!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you, though spam won't be tolerated.