Pages

Friday, June 29, 2012

AFAWFAY WEEK 04


HAPPY WORLD INDUSTRIAL DESIGN DAY! If you’re not aware of it, then you are now… and you’re welcome.

To celebrate this great event, I’ve decided to design a simple furniture. Well, you might be wondering why I didn’t come up with something big or elaborate for the said event, but let me explain.

Industrial Design need not to be big or complicated. As long as it solves a problem and the simpler the process, the better. That being said, I came up with a design that solves the problem for limited spaces while being eco-friendly at the same time.



For this design, the materials I used are bamboo and used car tires. I love rubber tires, and I believe that they can be recycled to different products which would always look awesome.



This is a simple stool which is great for both indoor and outdoor. What’s more, it can also be used as a shelf, (you can stack multiple piece together) which reminds me of my modular furniture for kids called, Playstack. (minus the locks and slots)


What do you think?

Ciao!

-Den


COPYRIGHT 2012 © ALL RIGHTS RESERVED
ALL DESIGNS POSTED IN THIS SITE ARE OWNED BY DENISE KIM WY.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you, though spam won't be tolerated.